12.30.2010

the unseen

Christmas was wonderful- full of relaxation and chocolate, etc. the good stuff :) It was nice to have some decompressing time after traveling so much- we made it out of Europe after our flight was canceled in Brussels... took a chance and just went to the Amsterdam airport. Got home earlier than originally planned- lovely.

We saw this beauty before leaving NYC : Robert Rauschenberg show at Gagosian - by far my favorite show to date. Nothing said will suffice; I love his work. It makes me want to sit and pray or make things or dance. It's perfect.

Wow what a wonderful time we had in Amsterdam. It was a very full week, but still restful. That is ideal, I think. A week certainly was not long enough to feel at home there, yet there was a definite peace or normalcy for both us (I found that strange, but I guess it does make sense). What a story He is writing for us. This trip is somewhere in the beginning of that story, the beginning of a promise fulfilled or perhaps even the birth of that promise He has planted in Josh and me (This still all feels mysterious to me, but I am becoming more comfortable with the unseen). For now we are here, in Columbus, content to be here for as long as I can be.

The unseen... is it really there? I am learning faith yet again in this long journey that has only just begun. Seriously, it has only just begun. I am going to live forever! Praise Jesus :)

...

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.


- II Corinthians 4:16-18




loved the signage over there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Andrea's shared items in Google Reader